What is a protection dog?
A protection dog can also be known as a personal/ family protection dog. These dogs are trained to be a loving companion as well as be able to protect an individual, family and/ or assets if a threat was to occur. They are trained to notice and understand the difference in situations that occur, knowing when to protect their owner and act with protection work, they have been taught.
The benefits of protection dogs
Everyone will have there own reasoning as to why they want to invest in a trained protection dog. However, some of the benefits include:
- The amount of training the dogs have in obedience and well as protection will ensure the dog is well trained and obedient.
- Protection dogs will disable any threats that arise and if necessary, hold the culprit in a position until you shout ‘release’ so that you can take the necessary precautions.
- As well as being able to offer you, your family and your assets protection, they are also a loving companion.
- No matter where you need to, the time or who with, your dog can always be by your side.
- They offer added protection for all.
Types of protection dogs
Personal protection dogs can vary in breed depending on the supplier you are purchasing your protection dog from. However, the popular breeds from protection dogs include:
- German Shepherds
- Giant Schnauzers
- Cane Corso’s
Protection dogs can be trained to different levels of protection depending on their capabilities including:
- Executive level of protection
- Standard level of protection